NORTHWESTERN ENERGY ALERTS
SHORT CODE TERMS OF SERVICE
The following Short Code Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) apply when you subscribe to NorthWestern Energy’s outage alerts, scam alerts, and power outage/restoration alert notification service (the “Service”).
- When you opt-in to the Service, you will receive a confirmation message.
- You can cancel the Service at any time. Just reply STOP to (97943). You will receive a message confirming that you will no longer receive messages.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, text HELP to (97943). You will receive a response with instructions on how to use the Service, as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Messages are deliverable to the following mobile carriers:
Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile.
Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Message and data rates may apply. Contact your wireless provider for questions on you text or data plan.
Message frequency varies. For questions about the Service, email email@example.com.
Additional Terms of Service:
- NorthWestern Energy does not guarantee that the Service will be without error.
- NorthWestern Energy does not guarantee that alert notifications will be sent or received and is not responsible for any lost or misdirected message.
- NorthWestern Energy is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver an alert notification.
- The frequency and timeliness of alert notifications may be impacted during large-scale outage events.
- You agree not to publish, copy, communicate to the public, edit, retransmit, or amend any data received as part of the Service.
- NorthWestern Energy does not have any liability under any theory of recovery, whether in contract or tort, for any loss or damages due to a failure to deliver an alert notification message. Without limiting the previous sentence, NorthWestern Energy
disclaims any and all liability, expressed or implied, for indirect or consequential damages arising from your subscription to the Service.
- These Terms of Service are subject to occasional revisions at NorthWestern Energy’s discretion. Revisions to the Terms of Service will be published on this page. If you object to any such change, you must cease using the Service.
Continued use of the Service following a change to the Terms of Service indicates your acknowledgment of such change and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such change.