3 quick tips for understanding your bill
The bill features:
- Easy to understand usage and account information
- Bar charts and tables that compare current usage and billing to 13 months of usage history
- Important information regarding payment options
- Definitions of billing terms
- Contact information for all billing and customer service needs
Understanding Property Taxes
How Do We Manage Costs?
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can't pay my bill?
If you are worried about your ability to pay your NorthWestern Energy bill, contact us right away.
There are payment assistance programs available that may be able to help.
We also offer Budget Billing, which allows your NorthWestern Energy bill to be the same amount each month, year round.
We can also explore a payment arrangement if your account qualifies.
- Log in to your My Energy Account for payment and billing program information.
- Or call our Customer Service Team at 800-245-6977 to discuss additional options
How is your Budget Billing amount calculated?
Your budget billing amount is calculated using your average annual bill amount base upon your past 12 months of usage and current rates.
We'll review your account at least twice a year to prevent a large overpayment or underpayment from accumulating. Your payment amount may increase or decrease based on your usage patterns and/or rates currently in effect.
What is Budget Billing?
Budget Billing allows you to pay the same amount for your NorthWestern Energy bill every month, eliminating the seasonal highs and lows.
You pay the same amount each month. No surprises, just one easy payment amount to plan for.