Carbon Monoxide Safety

Our emergency line is available 24 hours a day.

(888) 467-2669 (Montana)

(800) 245-6977 (South Dakota/Nebraska)

If you smell natural gas, call 911.

Protect your family from dangerous CO

A carbon monoxide detector by a door.

Protect your family from dangerous CO

Carbon monoxide, or CO, is invisible and odorless, but it can also be deadly. Install and maintain CO alarms inside your home, in a central location outside separate sleeping areas and on every level of your home, to provide early warning of carbon monoxide

What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

  • headache
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • fatigue
  • confusion
  • tightening of the chest
  • unusual yawning
  • irritation of nose, mouth, eyes
If the symptoms of poisoning seem acute, get the victim or victims to fresh air immediately. If a victim is not breathing, begin artificial resuscitation immediately and have someone call for emergency medical assistance.