Our utility operations are subject to various federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning service areas, tariffs, issuances of securities, employment, occupational health and safety, protection of the environment and other matters.
- Public utility as defined within the Federal Power Act
- Subject to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulations
- Regulated by the Nebraska Public Service Commission
- Nonexclusive municipal franchises to serve cities with natural gas
- Competition exists for natural gas supply
- Fuel adjustment clauses in natural gas rate tariffs allow us to pass commodity costs through to our customers