NorthWestern Energy gift certificates are a great way to help a family member, friend, or colleague who may be struggling to pay their energy bill, and they are available year-round.
You may purchase a Gift of Energy with cash (at NorthWestern's available walk-in service centers only), money order, or by paying over the phone from a checking account, savings account or credit card (a convenience fee may apply). Once NorthWestern Energy receives the payment, a credit is placed on the recipient's account and the certificate of receipt is mailed to the customer. Payment for the Gift of Energy must be received in full before NorthWestern issues the credit or certificate.
When mailing a Gift of Energy payment, be sure to include the following information:
- Recipient's name
- Recipient's account number or service address
- Message (optional)
- Your name (this can also be Anonymous)
- Your contact phone number (in case of questions)
Other qualifications include:
- Maximum payment amount per transaction with checking or savings account is $10,000
- Maximum payment amount per transaction with a credit card is $1,000
- Customers are only able to process three payments per account in a 30-day timeframe
If you have the customer's NorthWestern Energy account number, you can pay free of charge by:
- Paying with your checking or savings account over the IVR automated phone number by dialing toll free (800) 218-4959
- Paying online with your checking or savings account by visiting www.northwesternenergy.com and select Pay My Bill Online
So whether it's an elderly relative on a fixed income, a child away at college, or a friend in need, a Gift of Energy is a great way to show you care.
Call our Customer Contact Center toll free today to purchase a Gift of Energy.
- Montana - (888) 467-2669, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- South Dakota/Nebraska - (800) 245-6977, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.